[SOLVED] Monitor goes to black after playing certain games

May 9, 2020
Hello,
When I play certain games my monitor goes to black and loses signal, but my computer is still running and I can hear sound. I can run games like Modern Warfare, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Mordhau, but games like Total war Warhammer 2 and Bioshock remastered give me the black screen. The fans become really loud as well when this happens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my gpu drivers. I also reinstalled windows 10. All I can do is to hard shutdown my computer. I tried to run the user benchmark, but once it got to the gpu section my monitor loses signal. I am not sure if its the psu or the gpu or something else entirely.
My specs:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD radeon 480
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 700w (I just replaced it with a evga GQ 850w 80+gold)
MOBO: MSI B450 PRO-M2 Max
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000Mh
The problem still continues and I am not sure what to do.

Solution
I do not sadly.
Yeah, that would make it easier to determine the problem, if you did. If your gpu is under warranty, I'd think about sending it out for an RMA or something. If it's past the warranty, or you bought it used, you might be out of luck. Maybe reach out to a friend or something who might be able to lend you his gpu for testing purposes.
May 20, 2020
Based on the information you provided (it crashing during the gpu section of the benchmark), it leads me to believe it is likely something to do with the gpu. Do you have another gpu that you know works?

May 20, 2020
I do not sadly.
Yeah, that would make it easier to determine the problem, if you did. If your gpu is under warranty, I'd think about sending it out for an RMA or something. If it's past the warranty, or you bought it used, you might be out of luck. Maybe reach out to a friend or something who might be able to lend you his gpu for testing purposes.

Reactions: MuddledMelon
Solution
May 9, 2020
ah alright. I feel like my gpu may have run its course. I may have to consider getting a new one. Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS