Question Monitor going black for a couple of seconds every few minutes when gaming in full-screen at 240Hz

Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys, I recently bought my first ever pc, but have been experiencing an issue where my screen goes black for a couple of seconds while playing games in full-screen such as Rainbow Six Siege and CS:GO.

I should mention that (since I have little knowledge of how to build a PC) I used a website where I chose all the parts, and the people there built it for me and shipped it. I don't know whether the issue is being caused by a faulty piece of hardware (I went with well-known brands, so I doubt it), or whether it's to do with drivers, cables not being fully plugged in, etc.

My monitor is an Acer XF250Q (240Hz), but when playing windowed I can only play in 60Hz, which is why the screen blacking out is such a problem as I can't make use of the higher refresh rate. I'll list my specs below if that helps at all, but it's not a problem of whether I can't run the game, as I get 400-1000 fps when on max settings.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (3.8GHz)
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 (8GB)
Memory - 32GB DDR4 RAM

Any solutions would be really appreciated, thanks in advance guys :)

Lutfij

Titan
See if you can list your specs for the professionally built system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, state which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. Are you seeing the issue on the two games above or on other titles?

Sep 25, 2019
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard
Ram: HyperX Predator 32GB (2x 16GB) 3000MHz DDR4 RAM
SSD: Adata XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB M.2 2280 SSD
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 8G Graphics Card
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
Chassis: Aerocool Cylon RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case - Black
Additional Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 All in one Liquid Cooler (CPU)
Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB 120mm Case Fan 3-in-1

I've only had the PC for about a week or so, and have only played R6S, CS:GO, and Minecraft so far. The issue happens on both CS:GO and R6S, but not on Minecraft, although I suppose this is because Minecraft isn't actually full-screen. It only happens for a few seconds at random intervals, but I can still move around and hear in the games while the screen is black.