[SOLVED] Monitor going to deep sleep

Mar 10, 2019
Hi I'm hoping you guys can help,

My monitor is going into deep sleep mode instantly when I launch any game.

I tried using Ugine to stress test it and as soon as it starts, the monitor goes into deep sleep and I can't wake it up without a hard restart.

The PC keeps on running in deep sleep mode but the fans spin a lot higher.

I've had an RTX2080 since they came out and a corsair rm850 PSU that's about 5 years old.

The rest of my system is about that age too, I've been doing everything fine for months without any problems.

I'm wondering if it could be my PSU?

Thanks for your help!

Solution
If the gpu isn't fully uitilized then likely a cpu bottleneck. Can try and max out games,see if that puts more load onto the gpu,or the other way round,put less load on the gpu and see if fps get's better. If the same with low load on the gpu is the cpu working at it's max.

And you're welcome.😊 Good you found that cable btw,is your own doing. ;)
Mar 10, 2019
After opening my computer I found one of the pins on the pci e going into the PSU was burnt out. Got a new cable and it's stopped going into sleep now.

Only problem I have now is when playing pubg I'm getting frame rate spikes and stuttering. Thinking I may need a new CPU as I only have a 4690k and it's almost fully utilised.

Thanks for your help Vic!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If the gpu isn't fully uitilized then likely a cpu bottleneck. Can try and max out games,see if that puts more load onto the gpu,or the other way round,put less load on the gpu and see if fps get's better. If the same with low load on the gpu is the cpu working at it's max.

And you're welcome.😊 Good you found that cable btw,is your own doing. ;)

Solution