Monitor Going To Sleep/GPU Overheating

Feb 9, 2019
I just bought a new GPU for my rig. (XFX AMD Rx 580)

The game can run low intense graphic games like League of Legends or Fortnite fairly well.

However I got the card to play games like REsident Evil 2 that just came out.

I can play around 15-30 minutes of it before my monitor blacks out, says "analog", then goes into sleep mode. I can unplug the hdmi from the card then back in the same spot to get the previous gaming picture for a few seconds until it goes back into this "sleep" mode.

People originally told me that it was my PSU. So I originally had a 500 watt, and upgraded to 850 for the card.

After being convinced this would solve my issue, I quickly started playing RE2 to discover it didn't help anything.

Later on I found out my GPU was running 86 degrees Celsius. I'm pretty positive this is some sort of overheating issue. But I don't know how to fix it. I couldn't even play a whole game of Overwatch on max settings over 30 minutes until my monitor went out.

The card is brand new, no dust in the casing of my desktop.

My specs:

My rig was a stock cyber power c-series

CPU: AMD FX 6300
GPU: XFX AMD Rx 580
PSU: Thermaltake 850 watts

Side-note: After I installed my new PSU I've had some USB connecting issues. Is that normal?

Dec 31, 2018
I’m not sure how to solve this problem, but 86C is not a cause for your computer to shut down. This might be different for me but I have a gaming laptop that used to get up to 93C before I turned the fans up higher. At that point it still didn’t shut down. I don’t think this is a thermal problem, so at least rule that out.