Monitor good enough for graphics card?

Ram Kamal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
I have a Samsung SyncMaster794MG crt monitor.
I just changed my gpu from gt 610 to r9 270x.
All my other parts of the cpu seem to work out properly.
Is the monitor good enough to accept my graphics card or is it it some other reason why I get patterns of different colors in my display?

Ram Kamal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

I used the adapter given along with the gpu to fit the vga cable.
I'll describe it more properly.

I removed the drivers and switched gpus.
Then the problem came in. My computer is not booting in normal mode but does in safe mode.
My computer dual boots Windows 8.1 and Windows7.
In Windows 8 Safe Mode (the graphics card is supposed to be Win 8 ready) , in device manager, the display adapter shows AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.
When I consulted my technician, he insisted it was because of my crt monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 794MG) which could not sync with the requirements of the graphics card.
Sometimes it comes in patterns of blue and red when I boot the pc.

Ram Kamal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

I used the adapter given along with the gpu to fit the vga cable.
I'll describe it more properly.

I removed the drivers and switched gpus.
Then the problem came in. My computer is not booting in normal mode but does in safe mode.
My computer dual boots Windows 8.1 and Windows7.
In Windows 8 Safe Mode (the graphics card is supposed to be Win 8 ready) , in device manager, the display adapter shows AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.
When I consulted my technician, he insisted it was because of my crt monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 794MG) which could not sync with the requirements of the graphics card.
Sometimes it comes in patterns of blue and red when I boot the pc.

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I have not heard of a GPU synching with a GPU... however, the GPU has no idea there is a converter so maybe there is something to that.

Why not ask the consultant to plug in a more recent monitor to your GPU to test without any converters?

Ram Kamal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

When i remove gpu and run via mobo it runs good.
And yeah I requested him to do the same.
I am prepared to buy a new monitor provided i am sure it resolves the problem.