Monitor / GPU Problem

MajorRajor

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hey, I just built my very first PC and my knowledge about components and such isn't very big so bare with me here. So the problem is, whenever I play a game I get little fuzzy white horizontal lines across my screen. I do not think it is tearing because I've seen videos on youtube of that and it doesn't look like that. The games I've played so far on this 3 day old PC is Skyrim and Brutal Legend. I tested it out on youtube too on an hd movie trailer but i didn't get these lines. And in the intro to brutal legend it has real people no 3d animations and it still kinda has these lines slightly but it looks more like tearing. It's kind of hard to explain. I've yet to test my gpu with a benchmark but it seems to be working properly. Again this is my first ever build so i've never even benchmarked the gpu or even my cpu. I've heard i should benchmark it i have this issue but i dont really know what to look for or what program to use. The disk the gpu came with Unigine Valley benchmark and a few other evga programs I haven't downloaded. But, I do have the latest drivers for all my parts. The only thing i've tried was to turn on vsync. I also have a weird irritable fan noise coming from my case and im pretty sure its my gpu fans because i heard it was a common problem with this certain gpu. My monitor runs at 60hz 1920 x 1080 if that is any help. I'll post the specs of my pc below.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LBsYmG
monitor: BenQ GW2450

MajorRajor

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

Theres nothing touching it but there is a fan on the bottom for the case for intake (case is nzxt phantom 410)
I dont have another pc to test it on but i do have another monitor.

MajorRajor

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

I just changed the monitor cable and it worked no more stuff on the screen. Thanks!