monitor graphics card help

reddragoon9000

Reputable
Aug 23, 2017
having two gtx 1080 ti sli then a third graphics card to run the monitors would thise be possible i know nvidia only suporst 2-way sli just figured if i had third graphics card not sli with 1080 ti then it could run the image while the two 1080 ti run the game as long as i have display port pluged in to all cards what i mean is if i had 6 monitors pluged into non sli card then plug two hdmi cables into each 1080ti and two of the six monitors would i be abele to run monitors from non sli card while the games still run off the 2 1080ti cause the more monitors you have the lower the fram rate hoping other card would take load of the 1080ti or would that only work if the third card pluged into sli bridge with 1080 ti

Solution
I don't believe the third card would be recognised by the system and therefore the monitors attached would not receive a video output. If this did work, it would not receive any performance benefits over driving 3 monitors with each of the 2-way SLI cards.

Just a sidenote, why do you want 3 GTX 1080 Ti's and 6 monitors anyway?
Apr 13, 2018
I don't believe the third card would be recognised by the system and therefore the monitors attached would not receive a video output. If this did work, it would not receive any performance benefits over driving 3 monitors with each of the 2-way SLI cards.

Just a sidenote, why do you want 3 GTX 1080 Ti's and 6 monitors anyway?

Solution