[SOLVED] Monitor has flickering lines all of a sudden ?

johnny89929

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
So I booted up my pc today for the first time in a couple days, and my main monitor had some weird flickering lines along the top and bottom. My main is a 144hz free sync enabled asus, running through a 2060, my second monitor is fine, it's a 1080p connected through hdmi. My main one has been hooked up through DVI and I tried troubleshooting to see if it was maybe gpu artifacting or if it was the cord so I hooked it up to my ps5 through hdmi and it's still doing it, but the monitor has been completely isolated so I know nothings been damaged.

it was working fine a couple of days ago and now it flickers really badly on and off it will clear up and look completely normal for 5 seconds or so then start the flickering really badly again. I'm really just wondering if there's an easy way to fix this or am I going to end up having to buy a whole new monitor. Thanks for any responses.

Last edited:
Solution
the monitor has been completely isolated so I know nothings been damaged.

Just because monitor has been "isolated", doesn't mean it won't develop a fault when powered on. Latter is most likely what happened.

if there's an easy way to fix this

Hard to say what went wrong with monitor. And even if you'd know exactly what component inside the monitor developed a fault, there is no "easy way" to fix it. Since you need to locate the spare part, buy it, open up your monitor and replace the defective component. And if the defective component is the panel itself, replacing it isn't easy. It's far easier and less time consuming to buy new monitor. Or RMA your current one, if it has any warranty left.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
the monitor has been completely isolated so I know nothings been damaged.

Just because monitor has been "isolated", doesn't mean it won't develop a fault when powered on. Latter is most likely what happened.

if there's an easy way to fix this

Hard to say what went wrong with monitor. And even if you'd know exactly what component inside the monitor developed a fault, there is no "easy way" to fix it. Since you need to locate the spare part, buy it, open up your monitor and replace the defective component. And if the defective component is the panel itself, replacing it isn't easy. It's far easier and less time consuming to buy new monitor. Or RMA your current one, if it has any warranty left.

Solution