Question Monitor has green screen ?

Electrokid

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015
GPU has started acting up recently.
After installing GPU drivers the screen goes green and stops responding.
Now the weird thing is I've tried using the GPU in a friend's pc and it worked fine.
I've also tried using it on a TV instead of my monitor and it worked fine there as well. The pc works without issues if I use it without GPU drivers as well.
I've tried using a different cable also that didn't work either.
So now I'm stuck using my pc without the GPU drivers.

Could it be the monitor at fault?

SPECS:
MSI A320M
RYZEN 3 3100
GT 1030 2GB
8GB DDR4 3200

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Could be your monitor, make sure your installing drivers with experience, and not just drivers you found on the web. If your computer works fine w/o GPU drivers installed, it doesn't make too much sense unless your installing broken drivers.

GPU has started acting up recently.
After installing GPU drivers the screen goes green and stops responding.
Now the weird thing is I've tried using the GPU in a friend's pc and it worked fine.
I've also tried using it on a TV instead of my monitor and it worked fine there as well. The pc works without issues if I use it without GPU drivers as well.
I've tried using a different cable also that didn't work either.
So now I'm stuck using my pc without the GPU drivers.

Could it be the monitor at fault?

SPECS:
MSI A320M
RYZEN 3 3100
GT 1030 2GB
8GB DDR4 3200

Since the card works fine with other screens but not with your specific monitor, that would point to an issue with the monitor. Are all of the connections you used the same during testing? Same to the TV, on your friend's system and on your monitor? Also you tried the video card on your friend's PC, with your monitor or with his?

Usually if a video card has issues when the drivers are installed it's an issue with the card, maybe the power supply or with the drivers. But a clean setup of windows and the drivers should rule out a driver issues.

Electrokid

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015
Since the card works fine with other screens but not with your specific monitor, that would point to an issue with the monitor. Are all of the connections you used the same during testing? Same to the TV, on your friend's system and on your monitor? Also you tried the video card on your friend's PC, with your monitor or with his?

Usually if a video card has issues when the drivers are installed it's an issue with the card, maybe the power supply or with the drivers. But a clean setup of windows and the drivers should rule out a driver issues.

The connections weren't the same.
The connection on the Tv and my friends pc was through HDMI
While I use DVI on my monitor since my monitor does not have HDMI
I've tried using an HDMI to DVI cable as well which didn't work either

As for my friend's pc we used his own monitor, not mine.