Question Monitor has problems turning on

Feb 17, 2022
1 of my 2 monitors broke so i got a new one. When i plugged the new one in the old one started not turning on right away. Usually it turned on after replugging it a few times or spamming the auto select button on it. With time it becomes harder and harder to turn it on. The cables are not faulty and when it finally turns on it stays on until the next use. The problem started when i got the new monitor.

New monitor should not affect the old one, either coincidence or the plug/outlet you are using is faulty. It's like buying a car and your other car starts to have issues, they are not connected and have no way they can affect the other with actual power issues.

When you say it does not turn on, it's off, you hit the power light and nothing happens, power light stays dark, on screen settings don't work, etc..? Or are you saying the computer is not detecting it but the monitor itself turns on? Did you try unplugging the new one and see if the old one works? Moving it to another plug? I would check the power cable also make sure it's pushed in all the way, it may be in but barely and small motions connect and disconnect it.

Feb 17, 2022
When i hit the power on the monitor nothing happens unless it was already on and it just is unresponsive until it turns on if it does. When i unplug the new one nothing happens. Another plug doesnt help. Power cable also works fine and its pushed all the way in. While unplugging the new one and plugging in the old one i noticed that the power light flickers a bit which has not never happened before when it still did turn on eventually.. but also the light didnt come on at all when it just didnt respond at all.

When i hit the power on the monitor nothing happens unless it was already on and it just is unresponsive until it turns on if it does. When i unplug the new one nothing happens. Another plug doesnt help. Power cable also works fine and its pushed all the way in. While unplugging the new one and plugging in the old one i noticed that the power light flickers a bit which has not never happened before when it still did turn on eventually.. but also the light didnt come on at all when it just didnt respond at all.

Test the second monitor in another room. You said "unless it was on already", so it does actually power on just no display on it? Can you get to the options of it when it's on?

TRENDING THREADS