Question Monitor has red line at edge

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
I own an Acer VG270P, its a 27 inch, 144hz IPS panel monitor and recently, it started to display a red line at the very left edge of the screen, like at the left most column of pixels. Ive tried connecting the monitor to a different system( a laptop) and problem is still there. I ve tried switching the monitor to a different source (from DP to HDMI mode) so it wont display my pc's screen but just its own backlight, still there. Unfortunately its well past its warranty period. Is this some sort of dead pixel(s)? Will this start to kill the monitor by spreading to more pixels? Is there anything I can possibly do to fix it?

I have the monitor plugged into my pc via the 1660ti's DP port. GPU's drivers are updated.

Also, this may also be important information, I have the monitor plugged into an extension cord with the individual on and off buttons. I also have a stand fan plugged into a different wall socket in my room. When I am using my monitor and i decide to "CHANGE" (doesnt matter if im turning the power up or down) the fan's speed setting, my monitor turns pitch black all of a sudden, like not even the backlight is on. It turns off for about 1-2 seconds then turns back on. While the screen does turn off, the little power LED on the bottom of the monitor stays blue which means its on. I just understood this as the surge protector protecting my monitor from the sudden change in electricity from the stand fan. The monitor also turns off suddenly when I turn on a vacuum in my room. Could this be destroying my monitor? becuase I just recently moved to this new house and i owned my monitor for about 3 years and i've only been at my new place for about 6 months. At my old place, my monitor didnt experience any of this, but as soon as I moved houses, this started happening.

to recap:
Is the red line fixable? is it going to spread to more areas of the monitor?
Am i destroying the monitor from my stand fan causing the monitor to suddenly turn off?

Lutfij

Titan
If the issue is present on a donor system and while swapping out known working display cables then the issue is with the panel, not the GPU or your platform. I don't think it's a dead pixel, more so a dying mainboard for the panel.

Side note, please state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
CPU: i5-10400
Motherboard: Gigabyte H470i
Ram: 2x8GB ADATA XPG D80
SSD: 500gb WD NVME ssd (boot drive)
SSD: 500gb Kingston SATA ssd
SSD: 1tb Samsung NVME ssd
GPU: Gigabyte 1660ti OC
Chassis: CoolerMaster NR200P
Monitor: Acer VG270P 27in 144hz IPS

Could the sudden flickering of the monitor from my fan be killing the panel's motherboard? or its just old age of the monitor? Our electrician took a look at this and wasn't really sure about it he just replaced the breaker for my room with a new one but problem is still there.

TRENDING THREADS