[SOLVED] Monitor has scanlines since today

Jul 30, 2020
I have an Acer XB273U (1440p144Hz IPS) since late last year and it was a clear improvement over my old Acer XF270H B(1080p144Hz TN) which I'm still using as a secondary monitor. Since today the IPS monitor is showing very obvious scanlines on basically anything i pull up on it. I had a Windows update yesterday, don't know if that's the reason. I checked for driver updates and plugged the cables on both ends out and back in but it still shows them. I changed the display settings around back and forth but its still showing the lines. The old monitor though isnt showing anything of those scanlines. I can pull windows from the IPS to the TN and the scanlines vanish. This hasn't happened before, I'm pretty sure, because i could immediately spot those lines within two minutes of booting my PC. There's no way I wouldn't have noticed over half a year that the monitor is faulty or whatever. Could this be the Windows update? How do i revert it?

Jul 30, 2020
Update: I tried an update rollback, which didn't help but swapping the DP cables on the GPU helped for whatever reason. Both displays seems to work fine now.

Jul 30, 2020
Update: I tried an update rollback, which didn't help but swapping the DP cables on the GPU helped for whatever reason. Both displays seems to work fine now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS