[SOLVED] Monitor has scanlines since today

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
I have an Acer XB273U (1440p144Hz IPS) since late last year and it was a clear improvement over my old Acer XF270H B(1080p144Hz TN) which I'm still using as a secondary monitor. Since today the IPS monitor is showing very obvious scanlines on basically anything i pull up on it. I had a Windows update yesterday, don't know if that's the reason. I checked for driver updates and plugged the cables on both ends out and back in but it still shows them. I changed the display settings around back and forth but its still showing the lines. The old monitor though isnt showing anything of those scanlines. I can pull windows from the IPS to the TN and the scanlines vanish. This hasn't happened before, I'm pretty sure, because i could immediately spot those lines within two minutes of booting my PC. There's no way I wouldn't have noticed over half a year that the monitor is faulty or whatever. Could this be the Windows update? How do i revert it?

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
Update: I tried an update rollback, which didn't help but swapping the DP cables on the GPU helped for whatever reason. Both displays seems to work fine now.