Question Monitor HDMI keeps disconnecting when TV is turned off. Why?

Dec 3, 2021
Hi

I recently bought a TV which I connected to my PC via HDMI. It's a 4k TV and besides that I have two monitors connected to my PC as well - a 1080p and 1440p respectively. Before I got the 4k TV, I had a 1080p TV connected instead which gave me no problems. But now, if my new TV is turned off, my two monitors keep losing the HDMI signal for a split second. It's very annoying and can only be solved by either turning the TV back on or pulling the HDMI cable out of the PC.

What to do?

- t

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from you. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of your PSU(apart from it's make and model), the BIOS version for your motherboard and the version(not edition) of your OS, if you're on Windows 10.

What driver version are you working with for your graphics card(discrete o integrated)?

Dec 3, 2021
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Evo SSD
GPU: NVidia RTX 2700
PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018)
Chassis: Some generic stuff
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27", 1 x Dell U2410, Sony A80J (TV)
Latest BIOS and NVidia drivers.

I hope that clarifies things.

- t

Last edited:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Hi

I recently bought a TV which I connected to my PC via HDMI. It's a 4k TV and besides that I have two monitors connected to my PC as well - a 1080p and 1440p respectively. Before I got the 4k TV, I had a 1080p TV connected instead which gave me no problems. But now, if my new TV is turned off, my two monitors keep losing the HDMI signal for a split second. It's very annoying and can only be solved by either turning the TV back on or pulling the HDMI cable out of the PC.

What to do?

- t
Leave the TV on