[SOLVED] Monitor hdmi version, compabillity and Free-Sync

Sep 27, 2019
Hello,

So im building a pc and now im in the phase of choosing a monitor.The monitor LG 24MK430H-B seems to suit me and my demands and also seems promising yet i am fairly new to monitor so i might be wrong too.To cut to the point.I cant figure out what HDMI version does the monitor support.Because since it doesnt have a display port im gonna be using an HDMI cable.Furthermore my motherboard supports 2.0 HDMI (i will plug it in my motherboard because in the first month i wont have a GPU)
Last but not least the monitor got the Free-Synx feature which is and AMD feature.Does Nvidia support it too?I was thinking about buying a Nvidia GPU and was wondering if i can make use of it.

.So my questions are:
1)Does anyone know or can find what HDMI version does the monitor support?
2)If my motherboard supports higher HDMI version will there be a prolem?
3)Is Free-Sync supported by Nvidia nowadays?

Solution
1 - With 1080p@60Hz monitor HDMI 2.0 features are not important. No need to worry about that. If you had 4k monitor, then it would be different.
2 - No problems.
3 - There is a list of freesync monitors compatible with nvidia g-sync. Your particular monitor is not in that list.
https://thepcenthusiast.com/freesync-monitors-that-are-compatible-with-g-sync/
1 - With 1080p@60Hz monitor HDMI 2.0 features are not important. No need to worry about that. If you had 4k monitor, then it would be different.
2 - No problems.
3 - There is a list of freesync monitors compatible with nvidia g-sync. Your particular monitor is not in that list.

Reactions: Incessant
Solution
Sep 27, 2019
2 - No problems.
Thank you for the info!Well i was interesting in finding out what kind of HDMI version my monitor has to see if i can get higher than 60HZ in 1080p resolution.I want to fully use the 75Hz capability of my monitor.Any advice on that?

The reason your monitor is not compatible with NVidia GPUs for variable refresh rate (you can still use it in fixed refresh rate mode) is because your monitor only has an HDMI port, and NVidia GPUs can only do variable refresh via Display port. It has nothing to do with the "GSync Compatible" list.

According to this helpful list your monitor has a variable refresh range of 48-75Hz (in case you didn't already know)