Monitor help and recommendations for msi gtx 970's in SLI

Miss_Nicole

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
Hey all! So I am a noob when it comes to pc's and such. Not ashamed to admit it :) I just build my first pc and seem to have gotten bitten with the pc build bug, because I'm addicted (that's another story.) my question is :

Right now I have a crappy monitor 1080p @60hz...I'm looking for recommendations/suggestions on monitors and monitor configs for adding another msi twin frozr gtx 970 in sli into my rig. Before I do that, I would definitely need a new mobo, as the one I have currently is only crossfire supported. What would be a decent monitor setup to support those dual GPU's?

Here are my specs also. For my new build I replaced everything except my mobo and CPU.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
CPU: i7 2600k (not overclocked, but working on it..told you..noobster :p)
Current MOBO: asus pbz68- V- LX (upgrading to an asus p8z77-V pro)
8 GB of RAM (ddr3/1600)
Psu- Evga supernova G2, 750W, 80plus gold
H100i cooler with fans replaced to corsair SP-120's (in pull config mounted on top)
1TB x 2 of western digital blue HDD
No SSD yet, but another thing on my list is the samsung 120GB, 840 EVO SSD used for my OS.
GPU- (1) msi twin frozr 970 (started some very MINOR oc'ing as I type this out, will definitely be stretching her to see how far she can go..also hopefully will be adding a second to the fam)

I think I covered the basics. I'm looking for help from you all. I'm completely stumped with monitor resolutions, multi monitors, ect and I'm basically looking for a good monitor setup that will be able to handle an additional gtx 970 ..because quite frankly I have no idea where to even begin lol. Thank you all :)