Nov 11, 2019
Hello!

So i almost have all my parts (except gpu) for my very first pc which i will list below to give the reader an idea for my monitor. Originally i started acquiring parts about a year ago. I went all out so it took a bit to get everything as it is an expensive build to me anyways. My issue now is when i first decided to build a pc i really wanted to get into the competitive Fortnite scene so i wanted HIGH frames looking to get 240fps which i should be able to get but overtime i stopped liking the game. I now cant decide is i still want a 240hz monitor as i will be playing a lot of competitive shooters still (CSGO, MW, etc) but i also would like to play some amazing story based games where i would like high quality graphics and im not going to get that on a 240 Hz monitor specifically a ASUS P2258Q.

If i can get some input if i should still go with the 240HZ monitor or 1440 144hz. I know its going to vary from person to person so a general discussion about it would be cool. Mind you ive played console my whole life since nintendo 64 to my xbox one x. I have never experienced anything higher than 60fos let alone even play on a PC.

CPU: i7-8700k
MOBO: Asus maximus hero xi
GPU: Asus strix 2080 (buying end of december
RAM: Corsair vengeance pro 16g ddr4
COOLER: Corsair h150I
PSU: Corsair RM850
STORAGE: Samsung 500gb M.2 2tb seagate
Case: Corsair 570x

Last edited:
Solution
The 2080 should be able to achieve most frame rates that you require, however all I will state is 144Hz suits most people perfectly fine.