[SOLVED] Monitor horizontal flickering/screen tearing

Feb 2, 2020
My brand new Viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd always does this annoying horizontal flicker/screen tear during games even with vsync on, it only seems to happen when i play games in 1440p and not in 1080p, it also happens a lot more with freesync enabled and when disabled it still happens but is much more rare. Ive tried replacing dp cables and that did nothing, someone also told me to try out hdmi 2.0 but id rather not spend anymore money on things that wont work.

Solution
the only sync i have enabled is vsync in all of my games and have all of the other AMD radeon software ones disabled, the thing that confuses me is that it only does it in 1440p and no other resolution.

Please disable ALL of them first. If it is tearing when it is enabled then there is no point of enabling the feature. Try turning all of them OFF and if the problem went away then it is the problem.

About that it is happening only at 1440p, I believe this is the max capacity of your monitor at 144hz. Your graphics card and monitor will work hard doing their job syncing at each other. Vsync and other similar products from competitors are known to either "improve the sync or make it worse"

Full Spec Please?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
My brand new Viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd always does this annoying horizontal flicker/screen tear during games even with vsync on, it only seems to happen when i play games in 1440p and not in 1080p, it also happens a lot more with freesync enabled and when disabled it still happens but is much more rare. Ive tried replacing dp cables and that did nothing, someone also told me to try out hdmi 2.0 but id rather not spend anymore money on things that wont work.

Disable any sync / enhancements. It's not a fully furnished and perfect feature so it is expected to not work or cause issues with incompatible devices (even with compatible ones). Still a premature feature to enjoy with.

Feb 2, 2020
Disable any sync / enhancements. It's not a fully furnished and perfect feature so it is expected to not work or cause issues with incompatible devices (even with compatible ones). Still a premature feature to enjoy with.
the only sync i have enabled is vsync in all of my games and have all of the other AMD radeon software ones disabled, the thing that confuses me is that it only does it in 1440p and no other resolution.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

Please disable ALL of them first. If it is tearing when it is enabled then there is no point of enabling the feature. Try turning all of them OFF and if the problem went away then it is the problem.

About that it is happening only at 1440p, I believe this is the max capacity of your monitor at 144hz. Your graphics card and monitor will work hard doing their job syncing at each other. Vsync and other similar products from competitors are known to either "improve the sync or make it worse"

Full Spec Please?

Last edited:
Solution