Question Monitor HZ

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Couple of options (assuming W10):

• Start > Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings
  • Go to NVIDIA control panel or Radeon Settings and check under resolution.
  • Usually there will be a sticker on the monitor somewhere with a model number and Hz, or the Hz will be part of the model number.
  • If your monitor has it's own OSD, you can check on that.

fasafaf

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
In display advanced settings it shows maximum of 150hz, I'm currently using 60hz but when switching to 144hz the screen goes black and says out of range, what's the problem?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Look at the cable connection itself and compare to this list:
Cables-Chart-e1489420544222-800x609.jpg

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How do I make sure it supports 144hz?
I was more just covering the basics, if your display settings say that your monitors max refresh rate is 144Hz, then it's 144Hz.
Then just check on the back of your GPU what ports it has. (y)

Just keep in mind that higher refresh and resolution has an impact on your CPU too, not just your GPU - more resolution = more data for the CPU to process.

fasafaf

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
I highly doubt that my pc will struggle on 144hz as it's good enough for today's games, also the maximum hz it shows is 150, so should I get DisplayPort or DVI? Which one do you prefer?

I don't believe this Fujitsu monitor can or will support 144hz
He said its an old one, and it's probably CRT
Unless OP can post the Model number, then I think it won't work.

he has an aging i5 3series and a 960 GPU - you'd be lucky to get over 70fps in most games on medium settings @ 1080p

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't believe this Fujitsu monitor can or will support 144hz
He said its an old one, and it's probably CRT
Unless OP can post the Model number, then I think it won't work.

he has an aging i5 3series and a 960 GPU - you'd be lucky to get over 70fps in most games on medium settings @ 1080p

I did wonder considering it was just an old Fujitsu - but came to think that if OP went through appropriate display settings then it would be reflective. But I do have the same doubts.

Agreed with the FPS comment - thus why I stated that the system is a little weak for 144Hz. Hopefully OP takes note of it!

TRENDING THREADS