Question Monitor is 240Hz, getting 100-144 FPS in games BUT it looks like it drops to 60 FPS even though it doesn't.

kennie42

Honorable
Nov 2, 2016
I've been playing games with around 100-144 FPS on a 240Hz monitor. I swear lately it's been a little janky, I always have the FPS counter on and it always says 100-144 FPS in games but when I'm playing it looks a little janky as if it's not 144 FPS? It only happens every so often. Could monitor drivers play a part in this? My specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: GeForce RTX 3070

Lutfij

Titan
Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest version after you've removed the current drivers with DDU? Also, which version have you worked with thus far? There was an issue with the latest drivers from Nvidia though.

I've been playing games
Names of said games(without stating an etc in the sentence)?

kennie42

Honorable
Nov 2, 2016
Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest version after you've removed the current drivers with DDU? Also, which version have you worked with thus far? There was an issue with the latest drivers from Nvidia though.

I've been playing games
Names of said games(without stating an etc in the sentence)?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450m-A
Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
SSD/HDD: Kingston NV1 1TB M.2 NVMe 3D NAND SSD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair TX550M PSU
Chassis: No clue
Monitor: AOC Gaming C32G2ZE - 32 Inch FHD Curved Monitor 240Hz

I haven't tried that yet. But I will now!

The games I've been playing: Apex Legends, Dead by Daylight, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn

kennie42

Honorable
Nov 2, 2016
How old is the PSU in your build? You're should've invested in a 650W reliably built PSU prior to dropping in an RTX3070 into your build, assuming you performed an upgrade on it. You also have BIOS updates pending on your build.
Not too sure :( I bought this PC from Scan last Christmas. Should I maybe upgrade to a 650W PSU? What is the best way to update your BIOS? I'm stupid