Question Monitor is half black

Mar 2, 2023
Hello,
I've just finished moving into a new house and after setting up my PC and booting it up, the right half of the monitor showed up completely black. Changing the cables around didn't work. I searched about it online and found a fix on a video, that basically just says to unplug the power to the monitor, wait for 10 minutes, then plug it again and it should work. The thing is, this did work for me and still does, however, each time I restart my PC the monitor is half black again.
Does anyone know what causes this, or what might solve this? Why does it work after unplugging for a time but then stops?
Any help is appereciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU as well, apart from it's make and model.

As for what you're seeing, it'd be a good idea if you could include a video or a couple of images to help corroborate what you're seeing. Often times people mistake a faulty panel with a broken panel(during a move).

Mar 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU as well, apart from it's make and model.

As for what you're seeing, it'd be a good idea if you could include a video or a couple of images to help corroborate what you're seeing. Often times people mistake a faulty panel with a broken panel(during a move).

Hi again

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: A520 Aorus Elite
Ram: 16GB
SSD: Force mp510
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Monitor: ASUS VP28U
Chassis: Antec NX1000

I am not sure on how to check the age of the PSU but everything including the motherboard is from around 7 months ago
I also can't take any video or picture at the moment but if it is still needed I will do so later today
Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU. Age of the PSU can be determined with the receipt(date of purchase) not by any software. Try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest drivers sourced off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

Mar 2, 2023
You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU. Age of the PSU can be determined with the receipt(date of purchase) not by any software. Try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest drivers sourced off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.
Sorry for the late reply. I actually just managed to solve the issue before trying to reinstall the display drivers; What I did was turn off fast startup, and it seems to work fine now. Thank you either way though!

TRENDING THREADS