Monitor isn't picking up hdmi connected to graphics card.

Maximelio

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I just finished my pc. Yay. I turn on the powersupply, it's fine. Motherboard power light and graphics card light turns on. Press power on the case fans spin, glow up yadayada. Then when I turn on my monitor and switch it to hdmi and press the delete key like a maniac it says " hdmi no signal". Any ideas? People here said for similar issues it's the ram but I want to see whether for my case it's different. I have an asus z170-e motherboard and 16gb 2400 ballistix single ram stick. On pc part picker they said it was compatible so idk wat to do now.

itsVance

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into the graphics card and not the motherboard video.

Make sure you have the PCIE power cable going to the graphics card from the PSU and not some other power cable. Make sure the Graphics card is fully seated properly. You will also want to make sure your PSU is big enough to support all of the attached components.

It would be helpful if you listed all of your components that use power.

Maximelio

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

I have a Asus z170-e mobo, 600w bronze power supply, Asus DUAL-GTX1060-O3G, changing the ram ,found out yesterday wasn't compatible,pc part picker must've made an error. Intel i5 7500 ( CPU is compatible I checked with asus), LG optical drive, western digital 1TB hardrive, hyper 212 evo cpu cooler.

itsVance

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014

Ok, would love to hear if changing the RAM solves your issue.

TRENDING THREADS