Question monitor issue

Rune322

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Just bought a new monitor since mine old one had issues...Sucked but it is what it is...Currently now this new monitor is having issues as well...

I'm not sure if it could be a bad DP wire or what it could be really...Either way when I boot my PC up it doesn't feed video to the monitor of choice...It only feeds to my secondary monitor. I think have to go to device manager and display settings and shut the monitor off and on numerous times before the video feed eventually goes to it. If I dont go to display settings or device manager it never ends up working.

What was weird though is Device Manager noticed the monitor today but still no video feed to it before shutting on and off numerous times. I also noticed in display settings it knows I have a multi-monitor setup...just when I click on the screen in the settings the display is grayed out where as my 2nd monitor it tells me exactly which monitor it is...so not sure if that means anything.

With that said it's a Dell S2716DGR Monitor. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS