Question Monitor issues at 120hz and 144hz. Vertical lines at bottom of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2022
Hi,

I'm having issues with the refresh rate on my AOC 27G2G4 monitor. Basically at 120hz and 144hz I get lines across the bottom of the screen, but I don't get them when I lower the refresh rate to 100hz or below. My graphics card is a Geforce 1070 8GB.

At one stage at 120hz the lines would disappear over time (I've seen comments about the monitor warming up) but that doesn't seem to be happening now or taking much much longer.

I have also updated to the latest Nividia driver and trried a different Display Port cable.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is my monitor on it's way out!!

Thanks

Thanks
6bm4ev9cb7d81.jpg
4kzscs9cb7d81.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveH61
Jan 29, 2022
No it was not an out of the box problem - it just appeared a couple of weeks - maybe a month or two - back. As with your case I had no prior problems.
Well that probably means its the monitor being broken then...
As i said setting a custom res at 130hz works fine for me at the moment as a compromise because I am broke af and not able to purchase a new Monitor

Well I guess my case is a bit more advanced than yours, considering the fact that I can't even get past 100hz without the black bars appearing.. Even with a custom resolution sadly.
I do own a laptop, so I'll try connecting my screen to the laptop, at least it'll help us know if it's a screen problem or not.
I'll let you know either way

Jan 29, 2022
Damn that actually sucks hard - ill try a different graphics card on my pc as well so weve got all options explored even full Desktop once - ill keep you posted
Okay so no improvement switching cables (using an HDMI instead of the displayport) and a different unit.. Seems like the screen is definitely faulty. I think I'll try using the warranty, I'd advise you to do the same

When the lines appear do the screenshot of the whole screen (Win key + Print Screen). Then reduce refresh rate so the lines disappear and check the screenshot - if the lines appear there, then the problem lies in GPU/drivers; if they don't appear then the problem lies in cable/monitor. In the latter case start with different cable.

Jan 28, 2022
I have the exact same problem with an AOC 27g2 and a GTX 1070ti if you do end up buying a new cable Id appreciate if you could update me on the progress! I dont want to buy a new cable for nothing if my monitor is just fried...

I hope this works out for you an I.

What does work for me is setting a custom resolution with 130hz to at least get closer to the product specifications -

Jan 29, 2022
I have the exact same problem with an AOC 27g2 and a GTX 1070ti if you do end up buying a new cable Id appreciate if you could update me on the progress! I dont want to buy a new cable for nothing if my monitor is just fried...

I hope this works out for you an I.

What does work for me is setting a custom resolution with 130hz to at least get closer to the product specifications -

Hey, exact same problem here.

I have almost the same configuration as you (same screen and gtx1070 instead of 1070ti) and went and bought a new DP cable to check if that was causing the bug, turns out it's not.
Were the bars always present since you bought the monitor ? It appeared out of the blue for me. Hope we figure it out !

Jan 28, 2022
Hey, exact same problem here.

I have almost the same configuration as you (same screen and gtx1070 instead of 1070ti) and went and bought a new DP cable to check if that was causing the bug, turns out it's not.
Were the bars always present since you bought the monitor ? It appeared out of the blue for me. Hope we figure it out !

No it was not an out of the box problem - it just appeared a couple of weeks - maybe a month or two - back. As with your case I had no prior problems.
Well that probably means its the monitor being broken then...
As i said setting a custom res at 130hz works fine for me at the moment as a compromise because I am broke af and not able to purchase a new Monitor

Jan 28, 2022
Well I guess my case is a bit more advanced than yours, considering the fact that I can't even get past 100hz without the black bars appearing.. Even with a custom resolution sadly.
I do own a laptop, so I'll try connecting my screen to the laptop, at least it'll help us know if it's a screen problem or not.
I'll let you know either way

Damn that actually sucks hard - ill try a different graphics card on my pc as well so weve got all options explored even full Desktop once - ill keep you posted

Jan 28, 2022
Okay so no improvement switching cables (using an HDMI instead of the displayport) and a different unit.. Seems like the screen is definitely faulty. I think I'll try using the warranty, I'd advise you to do the same

yes i tried a different graphics card as well which didnt show successful - yeah ill try and make use of it although i fear it might have been too long

Mar 19, 2022
Hi,

I'm having issues with the refresh rate on my AOC 27G2G4 monitor. Basically at 120hz and 144hz I get lines across the bottom of the screen, but I don't get them when I lower the refresh rate to 100hz or below. My graphics card is a Geforce 1070 8GB.

At one stage at 120hz the lines would disappear over time (I've seen comments about the monitor warming up) but that doesn't seem to be happening now or taking much much longer.

I have also updated to the latest Nividia driver and trried a different Display Port cable.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is my monitor on it's way out!!

Thanks

Thanks
6bm4ev9cb7d81.jpg
4kzscs9cb7d81.jpg
Have you resolve this issues? I have the same issues @ 144hz and switch to 120hz now it has the same issues now

Jan 29, 2022
Have you resolve this issues? I have the same issues @ 144hz and switch to 120hz now it has the same issues now

Hi, sadly there's no resolving it.. Constructor's warranty is the way to go if you're still covered. The problem definitely comes from the screen and seems to be progressive, so you can't do anything except replacing the screen. Sorry !

Status
Not open for further replies.