Dec 7, 2022
I have problems with my Monitors and CPU.
My CPU probably ruined my Monitors.
For starters my first monitor got ruined and started showing Black and grey lines until it got rekt ( I was using it for at least a year now). Then I use my other Monitor ( which was my stock monitor my brother gave me which I swap with my OG monitor every now and then ). which also got ruined a few days later, same it started with black lines at the horizontal bottom then I switched my VGA then it ultimately got rekt too.
Then lastly I used my smart TV as monitor using HDMI and I barely play now ( more or less than 1 hour and no exceeding 2 )

Then two days later my smart tv started small distortion ( words kinda move left and right when I click on words in FB page) at this time Im not taking my chances and turned off my computer.

Please help.

Dec 7, 2022
Your computer can't hurt your monitor. What can cause problems is age of the monitors/tv's, hours of use, and electricity problems. Have you tried the monitors on a different computer? Do the lines appear in bios only screen?
Haven't tried it on another computer. I just assumed that my CPU ruined my 2 monitors. I got both my 2 monitors as second hand. One was I bought from my cousin and the other was a gift from my brother which he already used. It just so happened that my 2nd monitor got broke few weeks after my first monitor broke which I bought from my cousin. Shortly after I used my smart TV as monitor only for it to show kinda distortion, the words move left and right and assumed the worst, I'm wasn't taking my chances with my smart TV and plug it off.

My first monitor's power supply was plug in on my CPU, My second Monitor has its own adaptor, so is my Smart TV.

Haven't tried it on another computer. I just assumed that my CPU ruined my 2 monitors. I got both my 2 monitors as second hand. One was I bought from my cousin and the other was a gift from my brother which he already used. It just so happened that my 2nd monitor got broke few weeks after my first monitor broke which I bought from my cousin. Shortly after I used my smart TV as monitor only for it to show kinda distortion, the words move left and right and assumed the worst, I'm wasn't taking my chances with my smart TV and plug it off.

My first monitor's power supply was plug in on my CPU, My second Monitor has its own adaptor, so is my Smart TV.
I would try different resolutions on your T.V.. What kind of gpu are you using? Perhaps try different settings in your control panel for the gpu.