[SOLVED] Monitor keeps disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again

christianmiguel03

Commendable
Oct 24, 2017
My TV Monitor (my 3rd monitor currently hooked up) just recently started to flicker, and then it disconnects and reconnects every two seconds, playing the usb disconnect and reconnect sound everytime. I didn't install any software, didn't touch my pc at all, I was actually on the other side of my room when it just started doing it. I can't find any answers online so I am coming here to ask. Please help me!!!

Solution
Do you have another, known working connection to hook it up to? (ie. if the monitor has another connection...VGA, HDMI, DVI-D, DisplayPORT BESIDES the one it is currently connected to?

Pick one, use a KNOWN GOOD CABLE, and make it the *PRIMARY (single) monitor on your system.

If the problem persists, it's probably the monitor (input board or main processor board)

If no problem, then hook up the cable you WERE using for the problematic monitor with a different monitor.

If the problem shows up on that monitor, it's the cable or possibly that output port on the GPU :-(

Change the cable, if it goes away, it's the cable.

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Do you have another, known working connection to hook it up to? (ie. if the monitor has another connection...VGA, HDMI, DVI-D, DisplayPORT BESIDES the one it is currently connected to?

Pick one, use a KNOWN GOOD CABLE, and make it the *PRIMARY (single) monitor on your system.

If the problem persists, it's probably the monitor (input board or main processor board)

If no problem, then hook up the cable you WERE using for the problematic monitor with a different monitor.

If the problem shows up on that monitor, it's the cable or possibly that output port on the GPU :-(

Change the cable, if it goes away, it's the cable.

Solution