[SOLVED] monitor keeps flashing while gaming

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
so recently I've been having problems with my monitor flashing while gaming. I don't think it has anything to do with screen taring, because I haven't had a problem with it since I got my g sync compatible monitor. Just recently I upgraded my GPU to an rtx 2080 super, and got a new corsair RM 850x psu within the last month. Could this be a problem with hardware, or maybe when I installed the new components something got jostled the wrong way? Any help would be appreciated, because the flashing is getting pretty severe.

Solution
so i got that 1.4 cable and ive been running my fps capped at 144 but screen still seems to be flickering. Less frequently maybe, but i dont know if thats just coincidence or if the cable did something.

Aus-ling

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
I take it your using a display port cable? If so, maybe replce it to a 1.4 version if you don't already have. The cable may also be a dud. Thats the only physical stuff I'd do. Also I'd not uncap your refresh rates in your games. Cap them to your monitors limit.

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
I take it your using a display port cable? If so, maybe replce it to a 1.4 version if you don't already have. The cable may also be a dud. Thats the only physical stuff I'd do. Also I'd not uncap your refresh rates in your games. Cap them to your monitors limit.
Yes, im running a dp on my monitor, but ill look into the 1.4 version cause im not too sure about whether or not I have that at the moment, just using the dp that came with the monitor. As for the refresh rate Ill give that a try and see if it helps out.

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
so i got that 1.4 cable and ive been running my fps capped at 144 but screen still seems to be flickering. Less frequently maybe, but i dont know if thats just coincidence or if the cable did something.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS