Question Monitor keeps losing signal (HDMI & DVI)

Nov 10, 2021
Good day All

I recently got a old monitor from a friend that only has a DVI and VGA input. [ BenQ T2200 HD ]

I suspect the capacitors need a good ol' changing because it takes about 30-60 mins for the monitor to actually turn on and display anything after I start up my pc. ( It makes the sound that its turning on, but then shows no signal)

So while that is on my to-do list, I also hooked it up to my ps4. However I needed to get a HDMI to DVI converter. (HDMI cable from the ps4 to the adapter itself, from there a DVI cable to the monitor.

The whole setup works perfectly fine, BUT, after about 5 mins the monitor starts to lose signal, then turn on again, and it will do this continuously until unplugging it.

SO I am not certain as to what the problem is. I AM certain that all the cables and adapters are plugged in firmly and correctly.

Could it be the capacitors still, or does converting a strictly DVI or VGA format to one that its not made for cause such a problem??

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME CLARITY

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the monitor you have at hand? Edit, oh, the one I found was the E2200. You might want to inspect the mainboard for the panel and see if there are any bulging or swollen capacitors. If replacing them alleviates the issue then you're home free but often times you might end up replacing the mainboard/daughterboard/logicboard for the panel to get it back to working order.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the monitor you have at hand? You might want to inspect the mainboard for the panel and see if there are any bulging or swollen capacitors. If replacing them alleviates the issue then you're home free but often times you might end up replacing the mainboard/daughterboard/logicboard for the panel to get it back to working order.

The monitor you linked IS similar but not my exact model.
I will read over the link you posted, it could have some good tips to follow.

I did open the monitor to find a slightly bulging capacitor however i dont know if "slightly bulging" is enough to have to swap it out.

My concern it that the monitor works fine on my pc after it has it's morning coffee, but doesnt even last 5 mins after converting it to HDMI.