Question Monitor keeps randomly restarting

Mar 29, 2018
Hello . More than a year ago , i bought an AOC monitor ( more especifically : AOC M2470SW 1920x1080 60hz , using DVI ) . It worked great for the longest time , but recently , about a week ago , the monitor started to ramdomly restart itself . It goes black for 2-3 seconds and comes back like nothing happened . This happens about 4-5 times a day , and it's starting to get really anoying . I already tried :
1 - Checking the power cord and DVI cable ( and i also changed them )
2 - Messing with the monitor's settings and the nvidia display settings
3 - Updating my drivers ( with a clean install using DDU )
4 - Testing it on other systems ( such as my PS4 and another computer ) , but the problem persisted

PC Specs :
i5 4460
GTX 960 4gb
8GB RAM
120gb SSD
1tb HD

But nothing worked . Any help please ? Thanks in advance
PS : sorry for bad english :p

Last edited:
Usually by doing that, does the Light of the monitor (on the button to power it on) flick off and on when it happens?
Do you hear any buzzing into monitor (By the grills?).
It might be an lemon (Bad by factory assembly).
Usually the first things that die in monitor are capacitors, but in my case i have Asus monitor for over 6 years and still in great condition.

Mar 29, 2018
1 - That's a good question , i never payed attention to the monitor light . Once it restarts again , i'll take notice ( it's really random , so i might take some time to reply again )
2 - No , i only hear some buzzing whenever i mess around with the power cord . But if the monitor is just standing still normally , there is no buzzing

Btw , the monitor is not overheating and i'm using a c13/c14 power cable

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018
It just restarted ( as i said , pretty random ) , and the light was on the entire time .
Also , i noticed the monitor tends to restart whenever i use any infrared-based object ( such as a controller ) . It might be some interference , but i'm using DVI , which is digital , so interference shouldn't be a problem .. or maybe it should . I dont know :p