[SOLVED] Monitor keeps telling me to change resolution to the settings I’m already using. Nothing will work!

Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

I recently purchased a new game, F1 2020. When loading the game from Steam it displays the message, Cannot display video mode, change computer input to 2560x1440@60hz.

My monitor is set to 75hz at that resolution, so I changed it to 60hz but that message is still coming up. I’m literally running the exact resolution and refresh rate that it’s asking me to use!

Drivers are all updated.

GPU - Rx 5700 xt
Monitor - Philips 328E

All other games run perfectly fine. I’m so confused!

thanks.

Solution
Try disable fullscreen optimisation for the game's exe under compatibility in properties.

If that doesn't work, try run it in Windowed mode. Right click the game's exe again and should be there somewhere near fullscreen optimisation. Exit game then try run it normally.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try disable fullscreen optimisation for the game's exe under compatibility in properties.

If that doesn't work, try run it in Windowed mode. Right click the game's exe again and should be there somewhere near fullscreen optimisation. Exit game then try run it normally.

Solution