[SOLVED] Monitor Keeps turning off and on again

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
My friend has been using a "Asus vs228" monitor for some time and since he bough a 1050 like 2 yrs ago he encountered a problem. Whenever he has google chrome or teams in the background and he plays a game or does something on his computer his monitor goes off and on again in random moments without any reason he was using vga to dvi but he switched to vga to hdmi and he still gets the same problem is there a fix is there something wrong with the gpu, He has the same issue with his second monitor/TV but its not as usuall as on his main monitor.

PC Specs:
Intel i3 4150
ASUS GTX 1050
Asus H81M-K
8 gigs of ram - not sure what kind of modules they are 1666mhz and 1333mhz running at 1333mhz.

Solution
I would guess the issue is with the computer (video card or cables) not the screens. First test, need to get rid of the adapters and use a direct connection without any of those. Test the monitor on another system, test another monitor on the system without adapters. You said the issue has been happening since they got the 1050 years ago, I'm guessing the adapters were in use ever since, so there is the first thing to test.
I would guess the issue is with the computer (video card or cables) not the screens. First test, need to get rid of the adapters and use a direct connection without any of those. Test the monitor on another system, test another monitor on the system without adapters. You said the issue has been happening since they got the 1050 years ago, I'm guessing the adapters were in use ever since, so there is the first thing to test.

Solution