Question Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse not waking up when resuming from sleep

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
I've been facing this issue for a while now regarding sleep mode. The PC enters sleep mode normally, but when I click the power button again to wake up the system, the keyboard and mouse stays off, and the monitor doesn't turn on.

Everything inside the case turns on (fans, RGB), and if I power cycle the monitor, it displays 'No Signal' and then turns off again.

Clicking the mouse or keyboard will cause them to light up as I press them, and then they go off again. They never stay on constantly, like normal, and replugging them doesn't help, or trying different USB ports. I end up needing to shut down the PC by holding the power button, and then turning it back on again.

I'm currently running 1809 LTSC (17763.1817), but this happens on Windows 10 latest insider build as well.

S3 sleep is enabled in the BIOS (set to Auto, disabled gives S1 sleep where the CPU stays on), I have Fast Startup (and Hibernation) disabled, USB selective suspend is disabled, and the GPU is set to prefer maximum performance.

I have installed both the AMD Chipset driver (970) and the WHQL AMD GPU driver. Just for extra information, I know sleep is functional, as it works perfectly on my Linux dual-boot install.

Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2021
I've been facing this issue for a while now regarding sleep mode. The PC enters sleep mode normally, but when I click the power button again to wake up the system, the keyboard and mouse stays off, and the monitor doesn't turn on.

Everything inside the case turns on (fans, RGB), and if I power cycle the monitor, it displays 'No Signal' and then turns off again.

Clicking the mouse or keyboard will cause them to light up as I press them, and then they go off again. They never stay on constantly, like normal, and replugging them doesn't help, or trying different USB ports. I end up needing to shut down the PC by holding the power button, and then turning it back on again.

I'm currently running 1809 LTSC (17763.1817), but this happens on Windows 10 latest insider build as well.

S3 sleep is enabled in the BIOS (set to Auto, disabled gives S1 sleep where the CPU stays on), I have Fast Startup (and Hibernation) disabled, USB selective suspend is disabled, and the GPU is set to prefer maximum performance.

I have installed both the AMD Chipset driver (970) and the WHQL AMD GPU driver. Just for extra information, I know sleep is functional, as it works perfectly on my Linux dual-boot install.

Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
I had this issue too, when I brought it up at the Microsoft support board I got no answer, got no real help here either. Also sometimes my monitor would turn off and turn on when I touched the mouse and sometimes it would not, sometimes the computer would be locked requiring password and sometimes it would be right where I left it. The only reason that MS is allowed to build this nonsense is because they gave the NSA all the codes needed to hack every windows computer ever built