[SOLVED] Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse suddenly blackened out ?

Rit101

Commendable
Jul 30, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am suffering from this issue since I builded my pc. Here is the issue - Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse suddenly blackened out mostly 1-2 times a day. There is no mention in display that it lost signal just black like mouse and keyboard. At first this issue happens randomly but now it only happens when I start my pc and windows to boot homescreen and then 1-2 times all 3 components black out. To solve this I need to reboot from cabinet reboot button.

Note:- Now this only happens at startup and rarely happens in mid of work. Also pc works fine under heavy load like gaming and other stuffs, it never blackened out while under load. It only happens in idling type scenario.

I tried to fix it by changing PSU, CMOS Battery, updating bios, reassembling whole pc but none worked. I am attaching its videos. Please help!

Here are my PC specs and it just 1 Year old -
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard - AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming X
GPU - Sapphire RX 580 Pulse OC Lite 8GB
PSU - Antec Neoeco 650watt
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL15
SSD - WD Black SN750 500GB
HDD - 1 TB 3.5 inch + 1 TB 2.5inch
UPS - Microtec Legend 1000 (1000 vA)

Video - View: https://imgur.com/gallery/9WNG6Yo

Last edited:
Solution
Does the system black out if you boot into safe mode?

Does the system black out if restarted when cold, warm, etc...?

On the next successful boot try the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The Troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" .

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

If the problem continues, then I think the next step will be to swap in another known working PSU.

Ralston18

Titan
Motherboard: make, model, version?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that might have been captured/logged at the times when all blacked out.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Did you mix, match, or otherwise reuse any cables from the original PSU with the new PSU?

Rit101

Commendable
Jul 30, 2020

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that might have been captured/logged at the times when all blacked out.

= = = =

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Did you mix, match, or otherwise reuse any cables from the original PSU with the new PSU?
1. Sorry I foget to mention my mb, it's 'AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming X'.

2. In Reliability history, In 'Critical events' getting "Windows was not properly shutdown" and In 'Event Viewer' getting critical error as "Kernel Power" Event ID 41 - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I guess this error registers when I try to reboot my pc from cabinet button when my pc blacks out and not the actual error code.

3. I cleaned my cabinet and reassembled my system many times except processor.

4. Ram and GPU are firmly placed, don't know about jumper since I never touched it.

5. New PSU is semi-modulur while older one was non-modular, so there is no reuse of cable.

Rit101

Commendable
Jul 30, 2020

= = = =

Bro please reply, I replied to all the queries that you asked.

Ralston18

Titan
Does the system black out if you boot into safe mode?

Does the system black out if restarted when cold, warm, etc...?

On the next successful boot try the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The Troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" .

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

If the problem continues, then I think the next step will be to swap in another known working PSU.

Solution