Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse not working?

jermink

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
I just finally got around to building my first PC and I've run into a bit of a problem. I powered up my motherboard and all lights came on, all fans were running on the case as well as on the graphics card. I went to plug in my monitor/mouse/keyboard and nothing powers up between the 3. My monitor flashes "no signal" for a split second and then shuts down into energy saver mode. I've tried connecting the monitor through both HDMI and DVI. Neither my mouse nor my keyboard are lighting up. They are both plugged in to the USB slots from my motherboard. I've also tried plugging my peripherals into the front panel USBs. I tested all the USB ports (on the front panel and back) and it seem like the only USB slots that work are the two front panel USB 3.0s. Every other USB is dead. I've troubleshooted multiple possibilities. I've removed and replaced all RAM sticks, I've even tested out each one individually. I've placed the graphics card in a different PCI slot but to no success. In theory, everything should be working. What's wrong?

The parts I'm running are as follows:
NZXT H440 (White/Black)
MSI x99s SLI Plus
MSI GTX 970
Corsair H100i,Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4) DDR4-240
,EVGA NEX750G
Acer GN246HL 24"
Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Corsair K70

killamar5

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Most likely there's an issue with the motherboard. You seem to have been thorough enough and ruled out all other possibilities so you might just have to send your motherboard back for an RMA.

jermink

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015

This is what I was afraid of, I'm just too stubborn to admit defeat. However, I've also heard that you may only be able to enable USB ports once you're in the BIOS. This still wouldn't solve the problem of the monitor not connecting, though.