[SOLVED] Monitor leaking actual fluid?

Oct 13, 2019
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm being daft or not but I purchased an Acer XG270HUomidpx back in September 2015. A few months ago I started to notice a residue on my monitor stand and upon sticking my finger into it and giving it a good sniff I realised it was brown and smelly, almost burnt... The monitor itself had some of this stuff on it at the bottom near the ventilation points but I didn't think too much into it. Then a few weeks later the monitor kept turning off unexpectedly, after a few days I took the back off to check it out and everything looked ok, but I did notice some of this brown gunk around the hdmi, dvi and display port points. I cleaned it off, put the back on and happy days the monitor is now working again. Today I realised a small pool of this brown gunky liquid was on my monitor stand again (I dont use this monitor very often any more) but again it's smelly and brown. I'm convinced it's coming out from the monitor because theres nowhere else it can come from. The panel itself seems fine with no colour loss or problems but I'm confused... Why is my monitor leaking actual fluid and should I be concerned about it?