Monitor light blinking but no display

Kosy

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Hi! I am suffering through a problem! The indicator light of my CRT monitor is blinking but it's not completely turning on! I tried Removing RAM and again fixing it in the slots for tens of times but it was of no use! It started once then again crashed and didn't start again! I tried to unplug all cables,removing my HDDs! Then to check my monitor, I disconnected VGA cable. It started and asked for VGA cable. So when i connected the cable, it turned off again! It starts when VGA cable is disconnected and turns off when i plug it! Is the problem with my VGA cable or is my SMPS not capable of the load anymore?? Or do I have any different problem? Please help!

Kosy

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

My monitor is OK as you said. I tried as you said several times but it didn't work! Can the problem be with my motherboard?

Kosy

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

It's a pretty old machine! Pentium 4, 1GB+256 MB RAM, Intel motherboard (Don't know the model name or number), 320GB HDD

Ok, remove RAM sticks from PC, then start the PC without the RAM sticks, see if you can hear any beeping sound from MB, if the MB beeps then probably its ok, if not likely the MB is dead.

And are you sure the RAM stick/s are ok ? You can try the RAM/s on another system OR some different RAM stick/s on your system, just to make sure RAM is not the faulty component here.

Try those steps and please let us know ! Good luck.