Question Monitor looks yellow while other monitor doesn't

ahough2611

Commendable
Dec 19, 2017
Recently got a new monitor, ASUS VG248QE which is connected via Displayport as well as another of the same. For some reason the new monitor has a yellow tint while the old monitor doesn't and looks brighter and more colourful despite me having it for about 2-3 years. I tried switching cables, switching primary monitors, switching where it plugged in on the GPU, resetting both monitors to factory default settings, reinstalling my graphics drivers, but every time this new monitor has an ugly yellow tint.

Any idea how to make this one look similar to the other one? Thanks

mewaaaaa

Commendable
Dec 29, 2019
I may be incorrect, but could you check 'Warmth' colour setting on the yellow-ish monitor? It could be turned up, causing the discolouration.
Although you did say that you reset the monitor, so it may be incorrect.

ahough2611

Commendable
Dec 19, 2017
I may be incorrect, but could you check 'Warmth' colour setting on the yellow-ish monitor? It could be turned up, causing the discolouration.
Although you did say that you reset the monitor, so it may be incorrect.
Thanks for the response, just tried that and unfortunately its not on warm colours.

mewaaaaa

Commendable
Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for the response, just tried that and unfortunately its not on warm colours.
No worries.
Have you checked if theres any discoloured foil or film on the monitor?
And you did say you reinstalled drivers, but take a look in the Display desktop colour settings, should be the same on both Nvidia and AMD. One of the bars may be turned up or there could be an issue with the default setting.
If it doesnt help then youcould try adjusting the colours and making it look normal, may look good short-term but youre better off finding a better solution.