Monitor looses signal while playing games

Electrokid

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015
Recently my monitor started loosing connection all of a sudden when playing Fortnite, I can hear the game sound in the background but the display is just blank with the Dvi-d no signal message

It started a few weeks ago and it got fixed after restarting once would fix the problem for a few days but now its doing it every time i restart

I am using a Saphire HD 7770 and the max gpu temps while playing were 75

Solution
I would need your full specs to make an estimate of your power requirements, but I believe it's safe to say that you need a new PSU. Running lower resolution means less processing power from the GPU and thus, less power draw from the PSU. If it's now happening without playing then it will soon stop working at all.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
What PSU are you using? This is most likely an issue with either your video card or your power supply. The 7770 is quite old, so my guess would be that it's already in the process of dying. Is there a way for you to use another if the card's outputs just to make sure it's not a bad connector? It could also be the cable connecting your monitor, but since the issue is triggered while playing I'm more inclined into say it's the GPU.

Electrokid

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015

I currently use the Corsair VS450 and i do remember the screen blanking out once on the desktop with just steam in the background i will try different outputs and cables and let you know
Correction my Graphics card is the 7700

Electrokid

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015

I managed to dodge the situation for a while by playing in a lower resolution but it occurred once more but this time i wasnt playing anything. The only thing running was Discord and when i tried to open the Epic Games Launcher the screen just went blank and after a few seconds my Razer equipment lighting also switched off but the computer was still on i tried running Who Crashed but there weren't any dump files.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
I would need your full specs to make an estimate of your power requirements, but I believe it's safe to say that you need a new PSU. Running lower resolution means less processing power from the GPU and thus, less power draw from the PSU. If it's now happening without playing then it will soon stop working at all.

Solution