Monitor looses signal while playing

Dec 1, 2018
Hello,i have a problem with my pc when im playing for about 30mins my Monitor looses signal but the game still runs i can hear sound,sometime even the sound crashes and some fan goes really loud.
it happens when im playing demanding games like COD BO4,Rise of Tomb Raider,etc But when im playing Forza Horizon 4 it doesnt happens im playing 3Hours straight and nothing only the game crashes after
1,5hour it started happening after upgrading from GTX 650TI to GTX 1060 My Power Supply is only 280W Fujitsu but the Watt usage is same like with 650TI 330W. I Think its cpu problem because with the
GTX 650TI the CPU wasnt running at 100% Usage Never. Now The CPU is on 100% all the time while playing and GPU 75-80% i know bottleneck..And my CPU is Intel Core i5 2400,3.1GHZ i didnt OC it. but whn
im playing i check task manager and i see the cpu running at 3.7ghz 3.8 sometimes Whats the problem the PSU or CPU i really dont know if i need new mobo or cpu only.

Solution
It’s 20+4. 16 pin isn’t standard. Your pc was never meant to be upgraded. You’ll have to get a new motherboard as well.

If you were searching for 16 pin power supplies that’s why it was so expensive. It’s a proprietary design so they don’t make very many.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Your CPU usage is at 100% now because the 650ti was holding it back but the 1050ti is being held back by your CPU. That PSU is not good at all. I’d upgrade it first then see if you still have your issue.

I would say it's the PSU. You're trying to run a graphics card, which officially requires a minimum of 400W power supply, on a 280W one.

Your description suggests that on more demanding games the system crashes because there isn't the necessary power supplied which is required. I would guess in Event Viewer you'd see error messages which note an abrupt loss of power.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
if I’m not mistaken the 650ti has its own connection to the PSU but the 1050ti is powered directly off the motherboard. While the 650ti was holding the CPU back your system wasn’t using as much power on the rail feeding the cpu and motherboard but now that the cpu is being used much more it’s like that cheap PSU can’t deliver enough power for both the CPU and GPU.

This sounds like a pre-built PC and, depending on the company, upgrading them can be problematic. It also sounds like it's using proprietary hardware and connections. I would suggest going to the manufacturer's website to see if they have compatible power supplies for the system which can provide the power required. Most will show compatible components for a specific model, so this would be a way of narrowing down the results. This assumes the power supply is the cause of the issues.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Okay I’m very sorry I got this post confused with someone who upgraded from a 650ti to a 1050ti. You are definitely way way way way way over what that PSU can handle. Unfortunately if your motherboard has a proprietary 16 pin connector you will most likely need a new motherboard as well. I’m surprised that 280 watt psu even has a 6 pin PCIE connector on it honestly.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
It’s 20+4. 16 pin isn’t standard. Your pc was never meant to be upgraded. You’ll have to get a new motherboard as well.

If you were searching for 16 pin power supplies that’s why it was so expensive. It’s a proprietary design so they don’t make very many.

Solution