• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question monitor loses connection to gpu randomly

sefa78

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, I've searched on the net to find a solution but nothing yet. What happens is my screen loses connection to the gpu, it goes black and I get a displayport pop up when this happens it never stops like every second it goes black until i unplug the display cable and plug it back in after this is doesn't happen for a while. This mostly happens when im playing high demanding games. I got my screen brand new and my gpu second hand at the sametime so i really don't know whats causing this. At one point i had my old monitor and my new one connected and it only happend on the new one which i use to game. This has been happening for about a year, since then i have changed my cpu and psu which didn't have an effect. I'm open to any suggestions.

GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080TI
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Gskill ripjaws V 3200 mhz
MOBO: ASUS strix B350-f gaming
PSU: Cougar STX-700 80+ 700w

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS