Monitor loses DVI signal but PC remains on

Feb 4, 2019
Majority of the time when playing games such as Overwatch, Rocket League, Insurgency Sandstorm, R6 Siege, etc. and rarely when web browsing, my monitor screen goes black and reports "no DVI signal". I lose the audio from whatever I'm doing but my PC remains on but I am unable to turn it off with the power switch or reset switch on the case. I end up having to switch off the power supply to reboot it. When booting it up again everything works fine. I don't believe it's the DVI cable or the monitor because my PC tries to do something to correct whatever happened and I lose audio. I've tried different power cables, different slots in the power supply, unplugging and plugging in my graphics card, different drivers, checked the voltages (everything was normal), booted in safe mode, cleaned the graphics card and case (there wasn't very much dust), and the GPU temperatures didn't reach above 65C when playing Overwatch. The problem occurs randomly, it could happen in 10 minutes again, a day, or even 2 weeks. I've had all of my hardware for only 4 months and the problem first occurred 2 months after I completed building it.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x (w/stock cooler)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x470-F
RAM: DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080 FTW
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1000W 80+ Gold
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" 1920X1080 144Hz