Question Monitor loses signal after a few minutes until I restart computer

Apr 10, 2019
So my brother helped me build my first pc and everything was fine for 2 months.

Mb: Asus Prime x470-pro
CPU: amd ryzen 5 2600
GPU- GTX 1070ti
Ram: G skill 16 gb

Then yesterday the monitor kept losing connections. I could only get it back by hitting the on/off switch by the power supply as the power button on the tower lid was unresponsive. The lights remain lit and my kbm lights stay on when connection is lost. I tried messing with the power settings and that worked for a day but after I shut down the computer the issue is back. I’ve tried new cables and monitors as well as reseating the GPU to no avail. I’m bugging out and if anyone can help me feel like I didn’t just piss away all this money that’s be amazing. Thank you!

Apr 10, 2019
make and model of the psu?
Also, I may be an idiot. I ran a workaround to activate my windows via a batch file ([watch your language] dumb I know, Im a noob). Anyway, yesterday i removed the license key and all that through cmd and the computer worked the rest of the day. After shutting down last night, I realized that windows was activated again, so I just removed the key. If my monitor doesn't turn off in the next few minutes i think I found the culprit.

is there anyway to basically undo my stupidity? Thanks

Apr 10, 2019
reinstall windows with a legit iso from microsoft
and you can run windows 10 unactivated

So I reinstalled windows and still having the issue just not as often. I used a genuine product key and download. Not sure what the issue is... I have a bunch of critical errors in my event log but not sure what to make of them.

Do you think it could be PSU related