Question Monitor loses signal, amd software not compatible after restart. Only when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2022
Hi, so I recently bought a rx 550 and replaced my previous gt 710 and the installation was fine. When I play a game though my monitor just suddenly loses signal and I'm pretty sure the game stops even though I hear my friend's voices. After restarting my pc resolution is lowered and fixed as if I never installed the drivers and amd's adrenaline software isn't compatible. I even checked gpuz in that state and still said I had a rx 550. To go back to normal I had to reinstall drivers but still have the same issue even if I use different versions. I also reinstalled my gt 710 and so far didn't really have any problems up til now. I returned the rx 550 to the store and they tested it and nothing was wrong on their end. I'm planning to buy another unit or a different gpu, and I'm worried I'll have the same issue.

My specs:
Processor: I3-9100f
MOBO: Biostar H310M
Ram: HyperX Fury 2x8 2400 mhz
PSU: Trigon 700w

PSU: Trigon 700w

You are using a generic/cheap and a dangerous PSU. This could also be the culprit. And, I also highly doubt the advertised 700 Wattage which this so-called TRIGON brand claims. It is risky to use this generic PSU on any gaming PC.

Please grab a HIGH quality PSU from a reliable brand, and re-test the GPU. I wouldn't use this Trigon brand on any system, regardless of gaming or not. Please don't SKIMP on the power supply unit, since PSU is the MOST important PC component of any decent Gaming rig.

I can't stress this enough though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unolocogringo
Sep 19, 2022
You are using a generic/cheap and a dangerous PSU. This could also be the culprit. And, I also highly doubt the advertised 700 Wattage which this so-called TRIGON brand claims. It is risky to use this generic PSU on any gaming PC.

Please grab a HIGH quality PSU from a reliable brand, and re-test the GPU. I wouldn't use this Trigon brand on any system, regardless of gaming or not. Please don't SKIMP on the power supply unit, since PSU is the MOST important PC component of any decent Gaming rig.

I can't stress this enough though.
Yea I've been thinking of replacing it for a while since I did have the thought it would cause a lot of problems in the future. Although as of right now I'm also wondering about the fact that sometimes after restarting when my display loses signal, my resolution is fixed to 800x600 and my amd says it isn't compatible to my driver version which makes me think the problem I'm currently facing is in the drivers. Though I've tried a whole lot of solutions in terms of drivers and still got nothing.

I would still highly recommend replacing your current PSU nonetheless, even though the problem might be elsewhere as you think. That Trigon brand PSU cannot be trusted, and it also looks like a junk unit/model.

There is always a risk factor when using any generic PSU model especially for a gaming PC. I have seen some of the cheap/generic PSUs explode as well, and some even pose a fire hazard threat.

Reactions: Spheliax
Status
Not open for further replies.