Question Monitor loses signal and fans ramp up to max speed ?

Aug 16, 2022
So recently (1 or 2 days) I've been having this issue where when I play a game the monitor will randomly lose signal, the fans(both case and GPU) ramp up to max speed. The pc is still on as I can hear the audio from the game I'm playing or the call I'm on.

I've searched online and seen others have the same issue as me. There was one solution which told me to just give my pc a good clean, and since its been 2 years since I built it and I've never actually cleaned it, I decided to. I used as vacuum cleaner to get most of the dust out(there is still some, but that's in places I can't reach, i.e. PSU, GPU radiator). It didn't work.

My next idea was to run a stress test to see if the issue was in fact GPU related, but the tests seemed fine and my GPU held up well. So, I used the MSI afterburner OSD to see my temps in game. My GPU temperatures on F1 22 and Call of Duty: Warzone were sitting around 80-83*C(I don't know if that's normal or not) before it lost signal and fans ramp up. I could play for sometime between 10 minutes and 30 minutes before the issue occurs. So I do feel like this issue is GPU related.

SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: RTX 2060 OC
RAM: TridentZ Neo 16GB 3800Mhz
MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550M
PSU: Silverstone 750W Gold

PS(s): I don't think this an issue with the CPU since temperatures (I hope) seem normal (40-50* when playing previously mentioned games)
Any solutions?

I've posted this question on Reddit as well and I'm waiting on a response which works link to thread if it may help: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/wpqxqj/monitor_loses_signal_and_fans_ramp_up_speed_to_max/

Thanks!

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Video cutting out + fans ramping up both normally point to one or moar of the following:

A) a build up of static electricity or a short somewhere near the pcie slots
B) a failing monitor (or it's connectors/ports)
C) a flaky display cable
D) a flaky GPU power cable
E) a dying GPU (or it's connectors/ports)

Hope this helps, good luck :D

Aug 16, 2022
Video cutting out + fans ramping up both normally point to one or moar of the following:

A) a build up of static electricity or a short somewhere near the pcie slots
B) a failing monitor (or it's connectors/ports)
C) a flaky display cable
D) a flaky GPU power cable
E) a dying GPU (or it's connectors/ports)

Hope this helps, good luck :D
thanks, I'll keep this in mind

@kurdtnz What do I do now? Update BIOS if there is an update? And if so, how? and will I lose any data from updating it?
You could but your BIOS version supports your cpu already. To be honest, I dont think it's your issue, like
Inthrutheoutdoor has said, it looks like your problem lies elsewhere. Hopefully someone with more experience than me will jump on this post and advise you further, sorry I couldnt help more, good luck!

Reactions: ubrna