Question Monitor loses signal and GPU fan revs up ?

Jul 21, 2021
I recently built a new PC and put my GTX 1070 from previous build into this new rig.

The GPU had been running fine in my previous rig and recently I have had instances where the GPU fans speed up to 100% for no particular reasons and monitor looses signal in this new rig. I’m sure that the PC is still running as I could still hear the background sound.

I have had to power up the PC up a few times (sometimes) in order to get the display back and to boot it up. VGA white light display on motherboard whenever there is no display/couldn’t boot.

This problem occur quite frequent even when my PC is idle. My spec are:

Ryzen 5 3600x
MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk
Silverstone SX700 LPT
GeForce GTX 1070

Jul 21, 2021
You should try and underclock your GPU, install MSI afterburner after that lower the core clock and memory clock. Hopefully, that will fix your problem

will keep you updated. Down my core clock by -150 and memory clock by -100. Looks ok now. Will leave the PC run overnight and see how it goes. Should I also lower the power limit? Temperature is still abit on a high side at about 80C when I load games at max settings.

Jul 21, 2021
Doesn’t work. Tried underclocking it and put my PC on idle for around 45mins and the issue came back. Monitor looses signal and the gpu fan revs up.

TRENDING THREADS