Monitor Loses Signal When I get in Game.

bonekeeper

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
As the title says, when I get in game my monitor loses signal and goes black. The game is still running and the sound is still playing, just the monitor goes black. To get my screen back on I have to adjust my native resolution to a lower resolution and revert it back and close the game ( or just not open full screen it again) or restart my computer. This happens on any game I play (Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Battlefield 4 and 1) on both 1080p and 1440p resolutions, not going to be playing on any other resolution than those and should not have to. My PSU voltages are normal, my CPU temperatures are normal ( hanging around 65 under load), GPU temperatures are normal (Hanging around 70-80 under load). I checked the PSU wires and nothing looks out of place with them. I have updated my BIOS and my Graphics drivers. This problem does not occur every time I play my games (typically at 1440p), it happens maybe once a week maybe longer and then it goes back to normal. I have had my current GPU for a little over a year and has only started doing this around 2-3 months ago, all my other hardware are around 4 years old. I am at a loss here, usually I can troubleshoot my problems from other forums but this time does not seem to be the case. Lets see if you guys can give me a few ideas. Also LMK if I need to post this in a different thread or need some more info, just kinda figured my GPU has the highest chance of being the culprit.

Here is my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the current drivers? I had the same issue with my 660TI and 7950 3gb boost when trying it on my new set up. Try using DDU to uninstall the drivers.

bonekeeper

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
I did reinstall my graphics drivers once. Ive been kinda leaning towards my PSU a little also since that is what most of the other threads land on. I did not want to have to spend money if I did not need to but ill pick one up and see if the problem persists after.

Before you pick one up try the drivers one more time. But using DDU in safe mode

bonekeeper

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
Quick update, got a new PSU and just experienced the same problem so I am going to go ahead and return that. Will give this DDU thing a try now, because of the nature of the problem I will come back in around a week or 2 with another post about if the DDU solution worked.