Monitor loses signal while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomBrandon

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
Hi,
I have been having a issue that keeps my monitor losing signal. I can play a game for about 5 min and then it suddenly blacks out and monitor loses signal. The game looks to be working, the sound doesn't lag and skype works well too. I think only thing I can do then is manually restart the computer.
I have been having this issue since I formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh Windows 8.1. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, because that should be the problem but it doesn't seem to work still. Tried memtest86 too and still no errors. The lower are the graphics in the game, the longer I can play but the temperatures don't go over 72C so the problem shouldn't be overheating?
Please, I need to get my PC back working to play all the Battlefield games.

Solution
Clean out the cpu cooler. Increase its fan rpm to over 1000.

If that doesn't help remove the cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol then put a pea size drop of Arctic Circle paste and put it back together again.

Post you build eg what power supply, OS etc

RandomBrandon

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
It shouldn't be about the temps, cpu is about 40-50 and gpu is about 70 at full load until it crashes.
I don't think I can try other cards or my card in another PC :(
Untitled.png

Well, this should be pretty much idle, I think it may be complicated to get a pic of full load temps but I have checked and problem shouldn't be there

41C at idle is too high for a cpu unless its 38C in your house.

If that doesn't help remove the cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol then put a pea size dro[ of Arctic Circle paste and put it back together again.

RandomBrandon

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
I have planned doing a big cleaning in my pc, so I started with format C: and installed new windows (8.1 PRO) and that's when the problem came.
The power supply is 500w but i don't know which model because there is just a big ORDI sticker on it with numbers and stuff (ORDI is my local pc shop or whatever, it doesn't make PSUs)

This should show the rest of the build and i noticed that idle temps are better:
PC.png

If that doesn't help remove the cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol then put a pea size dro[ of Arctic Circle paste and put it back together again.

If that doesn't help remove the cooler, clean off the old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol then put a pea size drop of Arctic Circle paste and put it back together again.

Solution

RandomBrandon

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
I forgot this thread but I've got to mention that the solution you suggested didn't actually work and it was the gpu that happened to be bad so I bought a GTX970 and the issue was gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS