Question Monitor losing power at pc start.

Oct 5, 2021
When I am starting my pc, my monitor is staying on for a few seconds, and then loosing power. While my gpu and pc both are running. Tried connecting the monitor to my mobo's vga port, in this case same thing happens but power comes back immediately and then its alright.

Now here where it gets weirder. If I keep trying turning on and off my pc with monitor connected in GPU, sometimes after a lifetime of trying monitor stays on and then all ok till I shut down the pc again! Once it ran perfectly for 1.5 days too! Also I took the pc to shop and they didn't find any issue. They even also ran some benchmark softwares and let me know all is ok.

I have a 4 year old asus h110mk mobo and new corsair 450w psu with new 1650s gpu. Tried cleaning the ram, changing slots and stuffs, nothing works. The pc is at God's mercy now. Only he knows when it will run properly.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
you took the pc to shop but they didn't find any issue. Meaning that from the start their monitor would turn on with the pc?
So that means something is on your end, the problem maybe comes from the monitor itself.

Oct 5, 2021
you took the pc to shop but they didn't find any issue. Meaning that from the start their monitor would turn on with the pc?
So that means something is on your end, the problem maybe comes from the monitor itself.
Monitor is ok. I use it with my laptop sometimes, no issue. And i checked the pc with my tv also, same issue. Only thing i can think of if there is anything wrong in my house's power lines