Question Monitor losing signal after updating the graphics driver ?

Mar 9, 2023
Hi! I'm new to this website and this is my first post so excuse for my bad grammar.

so the problem started after i updated my Graphics drivers to its latest version, after the update My monitor started getting "no signal" screen so I checked everything relating to my monitor and here's what I've tried so far:

• I checked my VGA cable by using a different cable which is an HDMI and connect it to my TV to see if it does the same thing with the HDMI cable and it does, so the problem is not the VGA cable or the monitor.

• I reseated the RAM it did nothing.

• Uninstalled the latest graphics driver version on the system and installed an old version one but still nothing changed.

• Finally, I checked my PSU temperature using a digital thermometer and used it in front of the PSUs fans and idk if it's accurate but i got 42.5 C while gaming.
PC Specs:

Motherboard: ONDA A68V+ (integrated)

CPU/GPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.60 GHz APU with Radeon HD Graphics

RAM: 4.00 GB RAM (3.48 GB usable)

PC does not have a graphics card installed.

hey y'all here's an update, so resetting BIOS/CMOS didn't work, and now, my monitor gets "no signal" (again) and then after a while my PC literally restarts on it's own, and idk if it's a compatibility issue of my new updated graphics driver but as i already did before i downgrade my Graphics driver to its older version and it didn't work either..... so yeah if you still have a fix for my PC i appreciate it thx!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023
if you can´t find the jumper on the board (couldn´t find a manual for this board either)
remove the plug from the wall, remove the battery, wait a minute, put it back in (plus sign on battery visible), try booting
Yes i know where the jumper is, but the motherboard doesn't come with a jumper cap so I'll just reset it by removing the battery.

Mar 9, 2023
if you know where the jumper is, you can just use a screw driver to shorten the two contacts for like 5 seconds (be sure psu is unplugged from the wall)
so i saw a video on YouTube about resetting BIOS/CMOS jumper using a screw driver he said on the video "put the tip of the screwdriver between the two pins" but mines have three so should i do it on all the pins or doing it only at the two pins is enough?

Mar 9, 2023
no, only pin 2 and 3
usually pin 1 and 2 is a cap holder
i already did a BIOS/CMOS reset and your right 1 and 2 does have a jcap plugged into them i thought it was supposed to be at a small plastic containing the jcap so i searched my motherboards box and found nothing, so i just took the motherboards manual and saw a BIOS/CMOS reset instruction, I'll update if my PC still gets no signal.

Reactions: helpstar