Question Monitor No Display randomly (Possibly crashed?)

Jul 1, 2022
So about two weeks ago, my PC wasn't able to POST and after swapping out parts, concluded that motherboard was the issue. As such, I went ahead and got myself a new motherboard, installed it and everything was fine. However, when playing Valorant in the past week, the system will lock up randomly after alt-tabbing and would need to resort to resetting with the power button. Sometimes when quitting the game, my pc would also restart abruptly. I seem to think it was Valorant specifically as other people reported to having similar problems.

Fast forward today, after 1 week of using the new motherboard, I have now stumbled onto another problem. Since this morning, my system would not stay on for more than 5 minutes. After booting, at random times the monitor would lose signal and turn off but system remains on (fans running, led on, etc) to which my only solution was to restart by holding down power button.

Steps that I have attempted but still produced same results:
  • Removing and swapping RAM
  • Swapping GPU
  • Swapping boot drive
  • Swapping PSU
  • Clear/Reset CMOS
  • Format SSD & Reinstall Windows

After looking around different threads and forums, I came across a solution of flashing new bios update and tried doing the same. To my surprise this worked, but only for half an hour as monitor began to lose signal after installing some drivers, Nvidia driver, and Windows update. Since then, I suspect there might be some driver conflict or error and attempted to uninstall and reinstall drivers but was never able to complete them as the monitor loses signal before I could finish anything. Clean boot did not work as well but somehow my system did not crash while in safe boot. However safe boot with networking did indeed crash in my testing. Then I thought maybe my system had corrupted files, and so I decided to reset and delete everything from my drives. This did not end up as expected because the system lost signal before the reset was completed. This signal lost issue also seemed to happen while in bios which seemed to point at the hardware instead. Something seems to be failing but I can't seem to pin point it.

Specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
  • Gigabyte x570s Aorus Master
  • 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
  • RTX 3080
  • Kingston A400 480GB SSD
  • Cooler Master MWE 750w Gold
  • WD Blue 1TB HDD

I have not messed with any settings in the bios after installing the new motherboard and the only thing I did prior to issues occuring was deleting power schemes because I was annoyed that my power plan kept changing at idle. Had one of those application that monitors and changes power plans based on activity. If somehow this power plan is the issue, wouldn't reinstalling Windows change them to default values? Also to note, at times whenever my monitor loses signal, the motherboard led for CPU and RAM would alternately flash non-stop. Another weird thing in my testing was, when I used another SSD with Windows on it, the system would run for quite sometime (2 - 8 minutes) before losing signal as compared to using my current SSD which would lose signal within a minute or two. When no drives were plugged in, there were no crashing when in the bios (tested up to 15mins).

Anyways, it's been a long day and I would appreciate any suggestions or input. Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cooler Master MWE 750w Gold
How old is the PSU in your build? Also, is it the Bronze rated unit or the Gold rated unit?

If you're able to get into BIOS, now would be a good time to see what your BIOS version is for your motherboard.

Format SSD & Reinstall Windows
Where did you source the installer for your OS? Speaking of Windows, which OS are you working with, 10 or 11? Can you check and see what your OS version(not edition) is at the time of writing?

Jul 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cooler Master MWE 750w Gold
How old is the PSU in your build? Also, is it the Bronze rated unit or the Gold rated unit?

If you're able to get into BIOS, now would be a good time to see what your BIOS version is for your motherboard.

Format SSD & Reinstall Windows
Where did you source the installer for your OS? Speaking of Windows, which OS are you working with, 10 or 11? Can you check and see what your OS version(not edition) is at the time of writing?

The PSU has been about 5 years if im not mistaken, and it's the 80 plus gold rated one.

Bios have been updated to the latest Gigabyte update provided on the website.

As for the OS, I've been running Windows 10 and the reinstall was also Windows 10. The installer was through Windows creation media from Microsoft's website. Loaded it onto a USB stick for the installation. I am not able to get pass the new install Windows setup screen where you sign into your outlook account, so I'm not sure what version the OS is.

Jul 1, 2022
Update:

Bought and changed my CPU to AMD Ryzen 9 5900x but issue still persist. Suspecting the motherboard but when brought to the shop for warranty claim, the technician is suspecting overheating of GPU or insufficient power. Wouldn't those issues presented itself the moment I installed the new motherboard? How is it working fine for a week before this issue started occuring, just wondering about the possibilities.